Advertise With Us

    Post Name Changed Requirements

    Posted By : CS Shiriti / Published on : 27-Dec-2019 10:47 AM / View : 423 / Comment : 2

    Print button
    Dear Members,

    Anyone having list of compliance to be followed, post receiving INC 25, in case name of the company got changed.
    Read more on : requirements changed name post

      • Every alteration made in the memorandum or articles of a company shall be noted in every copy of the memorandum or articles, as the case may be. [Section 15(1)]
      • Arrange printing of fresh copies of Altered Memorandum and Articles of Association with new Certificate of Incorporation.
      • Paint or affix its name, on the outside of every office or place in which its business is carried on, in a conspicuous position, in legible letters, and if the characters employed therefor are not those of the language or of one of the languages in general use in that locality, also in the characters of that language or of one of those languages. [Section 12(3)(a)]
      •  Have its name engraved in legible characters on its seal;if any. [Section 12(3)(b)] Get its name, printed in all its business letters, billheads, letter papers and in all its notices and other official publications. [Section 12(3)(c)]
      •  Have its name printed on hundies, promissory notes, bills of exchange and such other documents as may be prescribed. [Section 12(3)(d)].
      • Where a company has changed its name or names during the last two years, it shall paint or affix or print, as the case may be, along with its name, the former name or names so changed during the last two years as required under clauses (a) and (c). [First proviso to Section 12(3)(d)].
      • Arrange new rubber stamps with new name, all the stationary in the new name of the Company. Inform the concerned government authorities/person about the name change of the company viz. stock exchanges, NSDL, CDSL, Tax and Excise Authorities, PF & ESI authorities etc.
      • Intimate to the bank where company current account is in operation and change the name of company in bank records.
      •   Make new application for new PAN and TAN of the company.
      • Update the new name with basic utility services viz. electricity providers, telephone providers etc. Inform all the concerned parties where company have made investment, taken loans, insurance policies, entered into agreements etc.


      19-08-2022 / 07:25:28 AM
    • Yes, here is a list of compliance to be followed post receiving INC 25 for change of name of a company:

      1. Update the PAN card: After receiving the Certificate of Incorporation (INC 25) with the new name, the company must update its PAN card with the new name within 30 days.

      2. Update the GST registration: If the company is registered under GST, it must update its GST registration with the new name within 30 days.

      3. Update other registrations: The company must update all other registrations, licenses, and permits with the new name, including registrations with the Shops and Establishment Act, Professional Tax, Import-Export Code, etc.

      4. Update bank accounts: The company must inform its bank about the name change and update its bank accounts accordingly.

      5. Update statutory registers and records: The company must update its statutory registers and records, including the register of members, register of directors, and minutes of meetings, with the new name.

      6. Update website and email addresses: The company must update its website and email addresses with the new name.

      7. Issue new share certificates: If the company has issued share certificates, it must issue new share certificates with the new name within 3 months.

      8. Update stationery and seals: The company must update its stationery, seals, and stamps with the new name.

      9. Inform stakeholders: The company must inform its stakeholders, including customers, vendors, and creditors, about the name change.

      10. File necessary forms with ROC: The company must file the necessary forms with the Registrar of Companies (ROC) to update its name in its official records. The forms that need to be filed include Form DIR-12, Form MGT-14, and Form INC-22 for changing the name of the company in its registered office address.

      It is important to note that the timelines for complying with the above requirements may vary depending on the specific circumstances

      04-04-2023 / 09:01:28 AM
    Please Select File:

Other Queries from CS Shiriti
Unanswered Queries
Like us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter

We are always here to help you. Don’t hesitate to contact us anytime!

+91-9988424211 or