1. What is private placement under Section 42 of the Companies Act?
2. What are the key provisions and requirements of Section 42 regarding private placement?
3. Can private placement be undertaken by all types of companies, or are there any restrictions?
4. What is the maximum number of persons to whom securities can be offered through private placement?
5. Are there any eligibility criteria or qualifications for investors participating in a private placement?
6. What is the process for conducting a private placement and issuing securities under Section 42?
7. Are there any prescribed timelines or statutory compliances that need to be followed during a private placement?
8. Is it mandatory to appoint a separate compliance officer for overseeing private placement activities?
9. What are the disclosure and reporting requirements for companies undertaking private placement?
10. Are there any restrictions or conditions on the use of funds raised through private placement?
11. Can private placement be made to existing shareholders or only to new investors?
12. Are there any specific penalties or consequences for non-compliance with the provisions of Section 42?
13. Can the company engage intermediaries such as brokers or merchant bankers for facilitating private placement?
14. Are there any exemptions or relaxations available under Section 42 for certain types of transactions or companies?
15. How does private placement differ from public offerings or rights issues?
Is there any limit of amount for private company to take loan from its member?Click here to view / answer Share it on
Can a director take advance salary from the private limited company equal to six months salary? Do we need to any specific compliance for the same in mca?Click here to view / answer Share it on
What are the restrictions imposed by the Companies Act 2013 on the borrowing powers of a company. Are there any requirements for obtaining shareholder approval before a company can borrow money under the Companies Act 2013?Click here to view / answer Share it on
Will the assets, especially immovable, will become part of private limited company in case of conversion from Section 8 company.Click here to view / answer Share it on
A private company is not required to appoint an independent director,
whereas Section 135(1) states that the CSR Committee should have at least
one independent director. Do private companies need to appoint an
independent director to comply with this section?
Whether the applicability of CARO in private companies is calculated on the basis of consolidated turnover or on the basis of standalone turnover?
Whether the subsidiary of a foreign company be termed as public company or private company as per the Companies Act, 2013.
In case of conversion of One Person Company to a Private Limited Company, if a Company increases its members by transferring the shares to another person to satisfy the requirement of minimum two members in a Private Limited Company and if the Registrar reject the application of conversion, whether the effect of transfer will be null and void from the date of rejection of application?
Can an AOA of a Private company provide larger Quorum in Board meeting?
Company will be considered as Public company since where a company being a private company alters its articles in such a manner that they no longer include the restrictions and limitations which are required to be included in the articles of a private company under this Act, the company shall, as from the date of such alteration, cease to be a private company.
Name Change will be effective from the date of COI or EGM ?
Can a Private company be a government company?Click here to view / answer Share it on
Compliance Calendar LLP is Recognised as Startup by DIPP Under Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India